Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Phlegm, phlegm go away

The Great Cold of 2011 has swooped into our home.  Trevor and I have wicked colds, and Lottie seems to be getting it, too.  So far, only Dallas is exempt, but I have a feeling that will change.  Due to the complete and utter fatigue, this is going to be a short update.

We were supposed to start swimming lessons for Lottie and Dallas on Saturday.  When we got there, there was no one in the pool.  No one.  When I asked what was up at the front desk, I was told the lessons didn't start until next Saturday.  Uh huh.  The website said June 4.  Apparently June 4 means June 11 in YMCA-land.  Trevor and I took the kids in the pool anyway; Lottie, fearless as always, jumped in with no regard to safety and Dallas was just a teensy, weensy bit hesitant.  He clung to me like a spider monkey.  After about ten minutes, he said he wanted a snack.  Granola bars beat swimming any day.

And for today's random confession of the day, we have Ms. Lottie Wells.  She got very serious at lunch today and told me she had to tell me something.  She claims that she swallowed a penny...almost three months ago.  I just stared at her as she tearfully promised never to do it again.  I have no idea if it's true or not.  If it is true, why did she wait so long to tell me?  If it isn't true, where did she even get the idea?  I really had nothing to say, so I just told her that it was dangerous and gross.  End of discussion.  Well, end of THAT discussion because Lottie didn't stop talking today.  All.  Day.  Long.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe what goes around comes around. I seem to remember a little girl who had the gift of constant gab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all feel better soon! They say,"Confession is good for the soul," so maybe Lottie was so relieved about unloading her penny-swallowing tale, she could chat endlessly. Be glad she waited three months, or else you would have been watching and waiting for it to magically appear at the other end!

    ReplyDelete