Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

K. C. Wells, author

On a whim a few weeks ago, I submitted an essay about being a stay-at-home mom to Blogstar.  When I sent the email, I told the editor, Sarah Bryden-Brown, that I eagerly awaited her rejection.  I had pretty much written it off and chalked the whole thing up to good experience.  So you can imagine my shock when I got an email from her on Friday saying that my essay was going to be published in an ebook.  I read the email about five times to make certain she really meant to send it to me.  ME.  Then I got another email, a group email, to all of us whose essays had been accepted.  Yep, there was my email address again.  It was real.

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!  I'm going to be published!!!!  I don't know too many details yet, but the book should be ready around the first of July.  As soon as I know more, I'll pass along the information.

I haven't stopped smiling in days.  (Well, there may have been that one time when Dallas napped in the afternoon then refused to go to bed until 11:30 that evening...)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so FREAKING PROUD of you!!! The essay you wrote is absolutely wonderful-- I think it's one of the best things you've ever written. I'm so amazed by your talent.

    You're an author!! Double squee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go KC!!!! That's amazing, take pictures of the book once you get it - I'd love to read the article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, K.C.! I can't say I'm surprised, though; you're a terrific writer. I'm just pleased that the editor recognized your talent. :) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it true your a teacher at Carisbrooke College?

    ReplyDelete