Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hope, thy name is Z-Pak

As previously mentioned, Trevor and I have been hit with some nasty sinus issues.  We both got appointments with our respective doctors today, and we both got Z-Paks.  Very romantique, no?  This is the hope I need that the gross yuck will be leaving S. Ashland Ave. soon.

Today was a pretty good day.  I took the kids to the Y, and they hung out in the Kids' Corner with their buddy Eli while his mom and I did our exercise things.  All of the kids did well and there were no tears: I may have to rent Eli for the summer so I can continue to get to the Y on non-sitter days.  After the Kids' Corner stint, we all went to the pool for lunch and fun in the 95 degree heat.  Going to the pool necessitated a huge packing job at home before we left.  I spent the morning filling bags with towels, the kids' swimsuits, my swimsuit, extra clothes for everyone, swim diapers, regular diapers, wipes, lunch, snacks, drinks, my sweet Olivia Newton-John-esque sweatband, and my Ipod.  Getting ready for an activity or event is sometimes an all-day job.  Lottie and Eli hung out with Elizabeth, Eli's mom, in the "deep" end of the pool.  It's actually not deep at all; Lottie and Eli could both stand up with half of their chests above the water.  I really think Lottie would have stayed in the pool until sundown had I let her; that girl loves to swim.  Dallas chose to hang out with me at the edge of the zero-entry pool, and by hang with me, I mean sit on my lap while I sat in the pool.  The kid is like a spider monkey in a Little Swimmers diaper.  He did get brave after about 90 minutes and wade into chest-deep water.  Then he wanted me to hold him.  I tried to explain that my shoulder couldn't really handle hefting an extra 38 pounds or so, but he didn't seem to get it.  All in all, it was a good time with good friends.  I hope that spending some time in the pool today will encourage Dallas to give swim lessons a try when we start on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment