Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Hello again, twos

First of all, the word "twos" looks weird.  I want to pronounce it "t-woes."

Okay, so the terrible twos are back chez Wells.  Dallas is in the grasp of the two mighty beasts called independence and opposition.  My sweet and happy boy loves to disagree, act contrary, and be overall unpleasant.  I know it's a phase, but that doesn't make it any easier.  It is easier to laugh at it all, though, since we have already been through this with Lottie.

A few nights ago, Dallas was mad about something and threw a Buzz Lightyear action figure.  When Trevor asked Dallas what he threw, Dallas replied, "I throwed a fit!"  I had to turn around so Dallas didn't see me laughing.  He also likes to announce when he's upset by yelling, "I'm mad!" and crossing his arms in front of him.  I hope I can get a picture of that soon; it's classic.

He has also starting talking a lot more. He has always been verbal, but now he's downright chatty. I officially have two loquacious children. I guess this shouldn't be a surprise. When I was four years old, I developed nodules on my throat from talking all the time. The doctor told my parents that I would have to have surgery if I didn't stop talking. They Obviously get some of the talking-gene from me. However, Trevor isn't blameless, believe you me.

My boy is searching for independence.  It's such a difficult transition.  Like my mom said, it's hard for Dallas to break away from his mommy when the separation process just makes him want comfort from his mommy.  The vicious cycle of love.  I'm just happy that he still asks me to snuggle with him every night when I tuck him into bed.

Edit: I just had to add that Dallas told me I was the best mommy in the world tonight as I was tucking him in...for the third time.  He also put his fire hat on my head and told me I was a beautiful fireman mommy.  Yes, my sweet boy is still in there.  :)

1 comment:

  1. The fact that you got nodules on your throat when you were four years old from talking so much = THE BEST STORY EVER. Seriously, it cracks me up endlessly.

    ReplyDelete