I have been doing two different car lines, four times a day for the past six weeks or so. Holy cannoli, have I seen a lot. Allow me to give you, the wonderful readers, some car line tips.
1. Don't smoke in your car while you're waiting for your kid. I mean, really? There is even a sign in the parking lot that says the school is a no-smoking zone. C'mon.
3. Don't park in the car line if you plan on leaving before it's your turn. At least twice, I have had parents come up to my car window and ask me to move my car over a little so they can drive between the cars in the two lines to get out of there. I know everyone is busy; we all lead crazy, hectic lives. But if it's that important to get to an appointment or get out of the parking lot, leave a little earlier.
4. Do pay attention when you're in the line. If the rest of the cars have moved up five car-lengths, it's probably a hint that you should do the same.
5. Do not pick your nose. Those car windows? They're made of glass. We can ALL see what you're doing, and it's gross.
6. Do try to relax. Stop looking at your watch, tapping your fingers on the steering wheel, and shaking your head. The kids will come out soon, and then you can get back to your über-important life.
Just some car line guidance from your friendly neighborhood CarLine Mom.